My Christmas Essentials - Blogmas Day 5

December 14, 2015


Welcome to Blogmas Day 5. Day 5 was going to go up yesterday but I was a way from the internet so I had to wait until today to upload. I was going to do DIY cards today but the designs I was going to do just didn’t work. 

So I decided to do My Christmas Essentials. Kind of a mix between What’s in My Christmas Makeup Bag and My Must Haves to Survive the Christmas Season. I love this idea and I’m much more excited to do this post instead of cards. I hope you all enjoy.
So let’s start with my Makeup for Christmas. The only products I change for Christmas are my eyes and lips. Last year I hunted for a matte dark green shadow. It was hard to find but I finally found the NYX Slim Eye Pencil in Emerald City. I love these liners because they are great for doubling as eyeshadow. They blend out so easy and look beautiful. And Emerald City is a perfect Christmassy green.


I also love the Urban Decay Naked Basics palette this time of year. One of the big reasons I love it is because it’s matte. I’m not one for the glittery golds. I love the warm brown looks you can create with this palette. And it’s great if you are not one for green.

My favorite lippie for Christmas is hands down MAC Retro Matte Lipstick in Ruby Woo. It’s the perfect classic red. It’s the absolute best shade for Christmas! I love it! I also love Lorac PRO Matte Lip Color in Mulberry. It’s one of the 2 Limit Edition shades from Lorac’s Love, Lust & Lace Christmas Lip Set. It’s a beautiful dark berry red. 

I also love the Bite Beauty Mix and Mingle Holiday Duo Lipstick in Holly & Tannin. It’s so pretty for Christmas. Holly is a pretty red with pink undertones and Tannin is a beautiful berry red.

I also have to throw in NYX Blush Singles in Peach. It’s a matte rosy pink, perfect for rosy cheeks in the winter!

Now onto the things that I can’t live without in the Christmas season. Of course number one is the usual, My Christmas Song Playlist. Some of the songs on my list include, Merry Christmas Everybody by Slade, I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday by Wizzard, Sleigh Ride by Ronettes (I love that version the best), and Let it Snow by Michael Buble. Those are just a few. I listen to so many Christmas songs we would be here until Christmas if I listed them all.

Next up, of course, the Christmas season would not be complete with Christmas movies. Some of the ones I watch every year include, Christmas Vacation, The Santa Clause, and How the Grinch Stole Christmas (2001).

Some other things that complete the Christmas season for me are, Christmas Sweaters and Christmas PJs. I get new sweaters and PJs every year. I just wish all the PJ’s weren’t fleece.

All the Christmas throws are all fleece too. I’m not a big fan of fleece but I love throw blankets. I got a new one this year and even though it is fleece I do love it! The pattern is so cute! It’s usually really cold here this time of year. This year it’s been insanely warm but usually throw blankets are a must.

I also love candles. They are a must have for me all year around. I love Christmas Scents! Like Gingerbread! I got a Gingersnap candle from Dollar General and love it! It’s the only gingerbread candle I’ve found. I have a Gingerbread Maple Candle from Yankee Candle, which smells amazing but I also love having a gingerbread one by itself. I so love Christmas Cookie from Yankee Candle.

And of course Family! I figured this goes without saying but the holidays just aren’t the same without family. Whether it’s parents, siblings, friends that are more like family or a partner the holidays are just better with someone you love.

I just love Christmas! It is defiantly my favorite time of year. Usually there is snow and all that here but this year it’s been in 53-70 degrees F during the day and we have yet to see snow. It’s so weird! I’m used to negative temperatures and we have barley gotten done in the 40s. It’s crazy. 

What is Christmas weather like for you this year? What are some of the things you can’t have Christmas without? What helps you get though this time of year?

I hope you all have a Merry Christmas and a Happy Holiday season! If you have any questions or concerns feel free to message me. Much Love!





Disclaimer: This post was not sponsored. Any products mentioned in this post are things I genuinely love and wanted to share with you all.

Photo Credit: Background from unsplash.com and edited by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the comments! I love reading comments and replying to you all! I love chatting with you all! So please leave me a comment and let’s chat!

Make sure you tick the box to get emails so you know when I reply!

**All comments are now published right away but are still moderated. Spam and rude comments will be deleted right away. Full list of comment rules can be found on the disclaimer page.**

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...