Beauty Basics - Levels of Makeup

October 21, 2015


I talked about what the terms drugstore and high-end are in my Makeup Lingo post and I made a list of which brands are drugstore and which are high-end in my Well Known Brands Guide. But there are more levels to it than just drugstore and high-end. I thought today we would go into what the more complex levels are.

The “levels” have nothing to do with the quality of products. They are simply referring to the prices of the products. I have found that there are a lot drugstore products that I prefer over high-end products.


  

Levels:
  • Bargain Drugstore
  • Drugstore (Mid-range)
  • High-End of Drugstore
  • High-End
  • Luxury
  • Namesake Brands


 
Bargain Drugstore


Bargain Drugstore brands are the great brands that have insanely low prices but are of great quality! One of my favorite brands, elf, is a “bargain” brand! I love elf!

Bargain Brands Include:
Elf cosmetics, NYC, and wet ‘n’ wild.





Drugstore



I’m talking about the drugstore brands that are the well known brands that have mid-range prices. The brands whose prices don’t make you go wow, good or bad.

Drugstore Brands Include:
Rimmel London, Maybelline, NYX Cosmetics, and Revlon.


 


High-End of Drugstore



The high-end of drugstore are the brands that are little high priced for a “drugstore brand” but still drugstore. The pricey of drugstore.

High-end drugstore brands include:
Sonia Kashuk






High-End
The high-end brands you find at Ulta and Sephora.

High-End Brands Include:
Urban Decay, Benefit, Too Faced, Bite Beauty, Nars, I could go on forever. I also consider MAC a High-End instead of luxury even though you only get it at a counter their prices are amazing! Calvin Klein is all so an awesome High-end brand. It seems like a namesake brand but their prices are amazing!


 

Luxury



The high-end brands you only get a counter. But the ones that aren’t crazy pricey. Pricey but worth it.

Luxury Brands Include:
YSL, Estée Lauder, Tom Ford, Dior, Marc Jacobs, and Clinique.



 


Namesake



Namesake brands are mostly fashion brands that while they are usually of a great quality are overpriced and are a buy it for the name type of product.

Namesake brands include:
Chanel, Gucci, and Louboutin.




I’m so excited to have finally done another Beauty Basics post! It’s been awhile. You cancheck out my other Beauty Basics posts here.

In the comments below let me know what your favorite brands are.


If you have any questions or concerns feel free to message me. Much Love!








Disclaimer: I AM NOT a professional makeup artist. You could say I am a self taught makeup artist as I have taught myself a lot through trial and error and playing with makeup. I have researched a lot of things on makeup over the past few years. I’m not claiming to know everything but I think I’ve got the basics down and want to make learning them easier for anyone just starting to get into makeup. I am not a newbie anymore but I’m not makeup vet either.


 Photo Credit: Cover Photo - Background from Make it Create and edited by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the comments! I love reading comments and replying to you all! I love chatting with you all! So please leave me a comment and let’s chat!

Make sure you tick the box to get emails so you know when I reply!

**All comments are now published right away but are still moderated. Spam and rude comments will be deleted right away. Full list of comment rules can be found on the disclaimer page.**

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...