The Lip Product Addict TAG

August 19, 2015


So from my Top 10 Under $10: Lips, my June favorites, and a few other posts you can probably tell that I’m a lip product addict. I have mentioned quite few times before that I’m in love with lip products. Actually obsessed is a better word. So I thought doing the Lip Product Addict Tag would be perfect.


The Lip Product Addict Tag was created by Amelia Liana & EssieButton on YouTube. I love these girls! Their Lip Product Addict Tag video is amazing! The tag consists of 8 questions all about lip products. I am not always up for trying things from new brand but I will try any lip product. This tag was made for me.



The Questions:
1.) Favorite Balm/Treatment?
2.) Best eye-catching red?
3.) Best luxury & best drugstore?
4.) Best MAC lipstick?
5.) The most disappointing?
6.) Liner - Yes or No?
7.) Best gloss?
8.) Something extra!




1.) Favorite Balm/Treatment?
My favorite balm is the EOS lip balms. The packaging is so cute! The formula is soft and smooth, and very moisturizing. I love EOS lip balms!
I don’t really have a favorite treatment.




2.) Best Eye-Catching Red?
This is a hard one. I’m defiantly a red and brights girl. I don’t even own a nude. I have tons of reds and everything else is coral or bright.

I think my favorite eye-catching red is probably Rimmel London Matte Show Offs AKA Apocolips Lip Lacquer in Burning Lava. It’s so pigmented and is such a bold statement red. 



I am a matte girl. I hate shimmer, shine, and glitter. I loved the original formula so when Rimmel released the matte version I was instantly obsessed!

It feels just like the original formula and all matte! It can look a little shiny so you have to wipe the applicator very well before applying. It is such a beautiful color. It is such a beautiful red that just pops. It is like a matte version of the original shade Big Bang. Big Bang was my favorite shade in the original formula so needless to say I am 100% in love with this lippie.


 

3.) Best Luxury & Best Drugstore?



My favorite/best luxury is in the next question so I’ll use my second favorite for this, which is just an amazing quality. My Best Luxury is the Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil. I love this pencil. It’s so soft and not at all drying. It’s very pigmented and looks amazing! I have currently only have the shade Cruella. I love it! It’s such a great deep vibrant red.

My Best Drugstore is the Rimmel London Kate Moss Lasting Finish Matte Lipsticks. I have almost every color. I love them! They are soft and smooth. They are moisturizing and they don’t dry out my lips. After you let it dry for a few minutes there is no transfer. 

I love the Rimmel Kate Lipsticks! My favorite shade is either 107, a dark cool toned red, or 109, a cool tones pinky orange coral. I love 107 all year around but 109 tends to become my favorite in the spring and summer.




4.) Best MAC Lipstick?

I love all the MAC formulas except the glitter one. I love the Retro Matte Lipstick the best. It’s a perfect matte! It’s smooth and creamy. Not drying at all. It stops give transfer after about 20 minutes. I am obsessed with it! My favorite shade is Ruby Woo. It’s a classic red. I love it!


 

5.) The Most Disappointing?



The most disappointing lippie for me was the NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream. The promo photos from NYX make them look so beautiful and pigmented and just wonderful. I love them now but when I first got them I was so disappointed. They were not as pigmented at they looked and the darker ones were so patchy. I got 4 shades and the lighter ones were defiantly better.

I was so disappointed when I got them but after read some reviews and watching some YouTube videos I learned that you have to layer it to get a better pigmentation and it’s better with liner.  It looks so much better layered but I would still recommend that you keep to the lighter shades. I love these now but they are still a little disappointing.


 

6.) Liner? Yes or No



Yes and no. When I wear it I usually wear it by itself. I very rarely wear it under and when I do it’s usually to do a darker corners look or I’ll line the outside a pull it in with a lip brush to create an ombre look. I mostly prefer to wear it on its own.




7.) Best Gloss



Actually I don’t like gloss. I love high pigments and mattes so gloss, being the complete opposite, is defiantly my least fave lippie. I do however have a fave balm that is a lot like gloss just less sticky. The Rimmel London ColourRush Lip Balm crayons. They are a medium pigmented balm crayon that are a lot like gloss. They are honestly the closest I’ll ever get to gloss. PS the smell of the most amazing vanilla scent. I love it!


 

 8.) Something Extra!



For my something extra I decided to share my favorite DIY Lip Scrub. It’s a Brown Sugar and Coconut Oil scrub. I love it! It tastes good too! I got the Recipe from mynewestaddict.com. I added a little vanilla extract for smell and flavor and did 1 tablespoon of coconut oil. I really want to make Vanilla Brown Sugar Coconut Cookies now.





That was such a fun tag! I know I’m a little late to the party. I love lippies so much! This tag is perfect! If you want to do this tag I’ll leave a copy of the questions in the comments. Please just give credit to Amelia and Estée.
Let me know you favorite drugstore lippie in the comments below! If you have any questions or concerns feel free to message me. If you liked this post or topic let me know in the comments below. Much Love!  









Disclaimer: I AM NOT a professional makeup artist. You could say I am a self taught makeup artist as I have taught myself a lot through trial and error and playing with makeup. I have researched a lot of things on makeup over the past few years. I’m not claiming to know everything but I think I’ve got the basics down and want to make learning them easier for anyone just starting to get into makeup. I am not a newbie anymore but I’m not makeup vet either. 

This post is NOT sponsored. Everything in this post was purchased by myself or I received it as a gift. I was not paid to talk about any brands mentioned in this post. Anything mentioned in this post were things I genuinely loved this month and wanted to share with you all.


Photo Taken with a Canon T5 camera with a 18-55mm lens

1 comment:

  1. The Questions:
    1.) Favorite Balm/Treatment?
    2.) Best eye-catching red?
    3.) Best luxury & best drugstore?
    4.) Best MAC lipstick?
    5.) The most disappointing?
    6.) Liner - Yes or No?
    7.) Best gloss?
    8.) Something extra!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to the comments! I love reading comments and replying to you all! I love chatting with you all! So please leave me a comment and let’s chat!

Make sure you tick the box to get emails so you know when I reply!

**All comments are now published right away but are still moderated. Spam and rude comments will be deleted right away. Full list of comment rules can be found on the disclaimer page.**

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...