Monthly Favorites | June 2015

July 02, 2015



It’s that time again. Monthly Favorites! I can’t believe how fast June went! It seems like I was just uploading my May favorites last week.

Happy July everyone. And if you live in the US Happy 4th of July. I can’t believe the year is already half over!

Let’s get to the favorites. There are the things I’ve been love in the month of June.





BEAUTY



I am still in love with last month’s beauty favorites. I still love them but I also have new favorites.




NYX Blotting Powder
I love this powder! It is the only one I use! It is amazing! It covers shine and keeps foundation in place. I wore it over my foundation in 95 degree heat and my makeup didn’t budge and I didn’t get shiny. This powder is completely matte. I am in love with it!

  


Revlon ColorBurst Matte Balm Crayons

I love love love these crayons! The pigmentation is amazing! And they truly are matte. The transfer stops quickly. And they aren’t drying. I love the colors! The colors in this line are great for summer!

There is a mint smell and a slight tingle when they are applied, but that goes away quickly. My favorite shade is Striking! It’s an amazing red! It is a pop out color while still being wearable. I’m taking it, along with a lot of other lippies, with me to Myrtle Beach this month and it may possibly be the only lippie I wear.




NYX Matte Bronzer

This is the best bronzer ever! It has brown undertones not orange so it looks so much more natural than a lot of other bronzers. It is soft and not cakey. It applies beautifully and is easily blendable or buildable. It is completely matte.

I had such a hard time finding a matte bronzer. I looked t drugstore and high-end brands and almost all of them had shimmer and/or glitter. I’m not big on glitter so I love having a matte bronzer.

This bronzer holds up great in the heat and works in everywhere. I do the hollows of my cheeks, the sides of my forehead, my jaw line, and the sides of my nose. It blends out so well and looks so natural.


Revlon ColorBurst Lip Balm



This balm is great. Its pigmentation isn’t very strong but that’s why I love it! The degree of pigmentation is perfect to give a naturally tint to lips. I love this lip balm when I am doing a natural look. The balm itself is soft and moisturizing and not sticky. I hate when glosses and balms are sticky but this one is great. The color wild watermelon is the best for a natural red tint to the lips.




NYX Matte Lip Creams (The Lighter Shades Only)

I had a bit of a roller coaster of feelings with these guys. You can read the full story of my first impressions and my review of these lip creams here. Long story short I’ve learned than I only like the lighter shades.

The shade Monte Carlo is the darkest I’ll go. The problem is with the pigmentation. The creams themselves are great! The formula is smooth and soft. It is buildable, which helps with pigmentation issue. The lighter shades have better pigment than the dark ones.

This month I have been loving the shades Amsterdam and Monte Carlo. Amsterdam is a dark red toned pink and Monte Carlo is a classic red shade. The pigmentation on these shades are a lot better than the other shades I have. (Transylvania and Copenhagen, The two darkest shades in the collection.)



Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Nail Color

I have loved this nail color since day one! It takes a little more than 60 seconds to dry but it’s still amazing! I’ve found it takes more like 90 seconds to two minutes. I love how fast it is! 

It doesn’t get tacky when you apply more than one layer and it doesn’t take impressions like I’ve had some nail polishes do. It says one coat and while the pigmentation is great and one coat does hold up well I still do my 2 coat usual so it will stay longer. I love this polish!




Sally Hansen Double Duty Base & Top Coat
I love this stuff! I use it before and after I apply color. It really helps with chips and wear time. It also helps me with removing my nail polish. When it starts to come off you can slowly peel all the polish off. No polish remover needed.

It is great for getting run away color off your skin. When applying you base coat put some of the B&C coat on the surrounding skin and when you are all done with your nails and it is all dried the color that gets on your skin will peel right off. 

So if you are bad at painting your nails inside the lines like me you don’t have to worry about getting the color polish on your skin. This polish dries in under 3 minutes. I love this stuff!




Rimmel 60 Second Nail Colour

I can’t believe I haven’t tried this until now! This nail color is great! I found it takes more around 3 minutes to dry not 60 seconds but 3 minutes is still impressive. The bottle says it’s a 1 coat 60 second dry nail polish. The color I tried, Hot Chilli Pepper, needed 3 coat for full coverage. 

Other colors may only need 1 or 2 but I found this color needed more. I loved it thought! The color was great, a reddish orange that looked coral in some lights. I loved how fast it dried and it that it didn’t bubble or take impressions. I love this polish and I’m dying to get more shades!






FASHION

Doctor Who Madman Tardis Floral Tank Top
I was obsessed with this top from the moment I saw it. Hot Topic emails me about new DW items because  buy DW stuff every time I’m in the store. They emailed me about a bunch of new DW clothing they just launched.

This tank top was one of them and I fell in love. I didn’t think I was going to get it but my dad and randomly went to the mall and I got my hands on it. This is my new favorite shirt!

It is so cute! The background is white with vintage pink roses, there is a big black and white faded Tardis in the middle and it has “Waiting for a Madman with a box” written on it. It is so soft! I am absolutely obsessed with it! You can find this amazing shirt here.





TV SHOWS


Pretty Little Liars
PLL season 6 started this month and season 5 went on Netflix the day before it started. I didn’t get to see any of season 5 so needless to say I binge watched all of 5 in 2 days. I finished just as episode 601 went onto Hulu.

Season 5 was amazing and season 6 is so good so far! I am loving it! I am so excited to be all caught up for once. I started watching when season 4 was being aired. I was hooked after the first mass A text.

I am loving this new season and I’m so glad I can watch them as they come out as Hulu just started streaming it to the TV apps not just their website.




Orange Is the New Black

I think this is on everyone’s June fave list. If have been living under a rock for the past month season 3 of Orange is the New Black was released on Netflix on June 12. Actually it was released at 8pm on June 11. I binge watched the whole season in one night. I’m not ashamed.

This season was so good! I left the season so excited for the next and hating Piper even more than I did at the end of season 2. There were some unlikely friendships this season and so many flashbacks. 

We finally learned about so people that have been there since day one. And the inmates weren’t the only ones who got flashbacks. And a few inmates that had flashbacks in the past got more this season. It was so good! I’m so happy it didn’t mainly focus on Piper or I would have hated it. I hate her! Team Alex!









BOOKS



I Hate Myselfie by Shane Dawson

I love this book! Shane gets into his life more in this book than he ever has on his YouTube channel. This book is a collection of 18 short stories about his life. Reading this book I laughed, I cried, I awed.

I loved this book so much! Shane opened up so much and you really see who he really is. The reason he named the book I Hate Myselfie is because he hates who he has created himself to be online. This book is so sweet and weird and funny and one story is sad but that’s alright because it’s sweet at the same time. I really enjoyed this book. 

I read it in 4 days and a smile never left my face. Of course you have to like/watch Shane’s videos to be interested in this book. If you don’t watch Shane you should check out his channel. And if you like him you should check out this book. And if you don’t like him you should really check out this book and see he is a different person than he seems online. Great job Shane! Can’t wait for the next one!









RANDOM THINGS

iGo Travel Bottles
A weird favorite I know but I’m just so excited to finally have my beauty stuff organized for travel! Plus this bottles are kind of awesome. The products comes out of them really easily but not too much as to go everywhere. And they come in tons of colors. Plus they are only $0.97 each at Wal-mart. I doing a whole post on How I Pack My Beauty in about two weeks. I’ll be showing you these bottles and going into a little more detail about them.



Post-it Flags
Really weird favorite I know. But I am obsessed with these things! I love using them to mark pages in my blog notebook so certain things are easier to find. I have a neon pack that is Pink Orange and Yellow. They also have a normal red blue and yellow pack. I am just obsessed with these!



Another month gone. Can’t believe it’s July. I had some weird favorites in the month of June and I had my first fashion favorite. Next month might get weird as I’m going on vacation. Who knows what I’ll find.

If you have any questions or concerns feel free to message me. If you liked this post or topic let me know in the comments below. Much Love!



Disclaimer: This post is NOT sponsored. Everything in this post was purchased by myself or I received it as a gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the comments! I love reading comments and replying to you all! I love chatting with you all! So please leave me a comment and let’s chat!

Make sure you tick the box to get emails so you know when I reply!

**All comments are now published right away but are still moderated. Spam and rude comments will be deleted right away. Full list of comment rules can be found on the disclaimer page.**

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...