My Top 10 Under $10: Lippies

May 27, 2015


I know I’ve already done Top 10 Under $10 but I wanted to do another one just on lip products. I am a lip product addict so I have tons of lip favorites

Picking my favorites for the makeup essentials Top 10 was actually pretty easy but I still wanted to do a post on just the lips. I’m going to do this one as a countdown as it is all for one product type. If you’re a lip addict you’ll love this post.

I think I may do the lip addict tag sometime in the future. Anyway here are my Top 10 Lip Products Under $10. (These aren’t all lip color. Two are lip balms.)



10.) NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams

I love these lip creams now but when I first got them I was pretty disappointed. My first impression of these wasn’t so great. But once I learned a little more about them I started to love them.

I fell in love with the promo photos from NYX for these lip creams. When I bought some of them I bought four colors. Transylvania, Copenhagen, Amsterdam, and Monte Carlo.

Transylvania is the darkest in the collection, a deep maroon. Copenhagen is a bit lighter, it’s a bit redder. Amsterdam is a classic red. And Monte Carlo is a lighter red that has pink undertones. 

The reason I was a bit disappointed when I first tried these is because the promo photos make these look so pigmented and the name lip cream would suggest that too, but these aren’t as pigmented as they look In NYX’s photos.

The lighter ones are more pigmented than the dark ones. But all of them need 2 or three coats to get a solid color. (On my lips anyway.) If you get a NYX lip pencil that matches the lip cream it should look better.

I was just surprised that these weren’t as pigmented as they seemed they would be but I still love them. I just have to get used to applying more than one layer before I head out the door. These aren’t drying to the lip and they are matte they just need more than one coat.



9.) EOS Lip Balm

This lip balm is great. It really makes my lips feel softer, and feel more hydrated. I love the smell and taste of the summer fruit as well. I wish they made coconut. But this is still an amazing 95% organic and 100% natural. This lip balm leaves my lips feeling healthy, hydrated, and soft.






8.) Maybelline Baby Lips Lip Balm (Original & Electrics)

I love love love this lip balm. It is so moisturizing. The original one is a little less "buttery" then the electrics formula. It is still a great lip balm and is not as dry as other lip balms I have tried. I wipe it off before applying other lip products and it leaves my lips so soft! The original and the electrics both feel the mostly the same the only difference is the electrics have color and are scented.

The colors of the electrics are bright but aren’t very pigmented. They are great for adding a little color to the lips. The only bad thing about the electrics is the scent. The pink one, called Strike A Rose, has a really strong fake rose scent that give me a headache. And the orange one, called Oh! Orange!, has a strong scent of oranges. They aren’t too bad and they are so moisturizing. I apply the balm before I start my makeup and remove it right before I apply any lip products. The clear one doesn’t have any smell and is also really nice.





7.) Rimmel Color Rush Intense Lip Color

These are like lip gloss crayons. I love these! They are so soft on the lip. They are actually pretty pigmented. They add a natural tint to your lips and they have a shine finish. They are a bit more pigmented than lip gloss. These are seriously like lip butter. These crayons have the most amazing vanilla smell! I could smell these all day! I love these!




6.) e.l.f Studio Matte Lip Color

This lip color is so soft! It doesn’t dry out the lip. It is matte which I love. The pigmentation isn’t as strong as I thought it would be but the color is very buildable. The color is kind of pinkish red at first. And builds to a really pretty red. It’s not patchy or anything it’s just the color is more pinkish at first. I love this lip color and it’s only $3! In love with this lip color!






5.) NYX Matte Lip Stick

I love this lipstick! It is creamy without being glossy and it doesn't make your lips feel dry. It is really pigmented. It's great after one swipe and gets better as you layer it. And it is defiantly matte. No shine at all. It is an amazing lip stick with awesome colors. I'm all about the reds and the brights. And this line has both!This line has an amazing color selection. It does have a bit of transfer for awhile. It will dry after a bit but the more layers you do the longer it takes to dry.

The photo on Ulta.com is a bit out dated. There is new packaging now. The top above the NYX logo is clear, which is so cool you can see the color of the lipstick through it which is just awesome. Also while we are talking about Ulta photos the example photo on the display at Ulta are nowhere near accurate. 

I got the shade Street Creed which in the photo at Ulta looked red and the lipstick is hot pink. The colors online aren't accurate either. But the colors are amazing. I suggest going to Ulta and switching a few shades. This lipstick is amazing! Ulta just makes finding a color you like so hard.



4.) Rimmel Provocalips Lip Color

I am obsessed with lip products so when I hear about Rimmel's new lip gloss I had to try it. I love the color side! I don't really like the clear side, it's plain and if you don't put it over the color the color has a matte effect after the color dries which I love. 

As for the color it is kind of like a gloss and as it dries it mattes over. It is soft on the lips and not drying. It is a great color. I'm crazy about the reds and the brights. Kiss Me You Fool is such a pretty wearable red. There are some cute pinks in the line as well. 

I haven't worn it long enough to test the 16 hour wear but the color side on its own dries and doesn't give any transfer. I love the color side on its own. As for the clear side it's a normal clear gloss. I'm not a fan of clear so I'm not that excited. But I love the color side!


 

3.) Revlon ColorBurst Matte Balm

I love this product! The only thing I don’t like is the mint smell. I’m not a big fan of mint. The mint also tingles the lips when you first apply it but it goes away after a few minutes. These balms are so pigmented! And they look so great on the lips! They are completely matte. They don’t dry out the lips or make them look dry. They have no transfer and wear all day. These balms are amazing!





2.) Rimmel Show Offs AKA Apocolips Lip Lacquer (Original & Matte Formulas)

Other than one drying matte the formulas are exactly the same which I love. I loved the original from the start and thought the only thing that would make it better was if it was matte. And I was right. 

The formula is smooth. Like a wetter more pigmented lip gloss. It’s described a liquid lip stick and I totally agree. It is very liquidly when it goes on and dries to feel more like lip stick. It is very liquidly at first so apply it slowly and wipe off the brush before applying or it will go everywhere. But I still love it none the less.

The colors are pretty great. The nude shades aren’t as pigmented as the colors and I’ve heard some bad reviews about the nudes. The color shades are great though. They are so pigmented! And all of the shades are every wearable in my opinion. I love love love these lip lacquers!



1.) Rimmel London Kate Moss Lasting Finish Matte Lipstick

I am in love with these lipsticks! There are reds, and pinks, and nudes. The pigmentation is amazing! They are soft and don’t transfer to anything you eat or drink. I wore this lipstick in 95 degree heat last 4th of July and it didn’t budge. They don’t dry out your lips or make them looked dry. I love that they are matte. I am matte obsessed. I all around love this lip stick and it’s always my number one go to lip product for any look all year around.




Bonus: Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter

I decided to add to this as bonus because I love this lip butter. I’d probably rank it with the Rimmel London Color Rush Balms. This little guy is a lot like them. It’s soft and smooth. Like a less stick gloss. Not extremely pigmented but a light tint to add a natural color to the lip. I really love this little guy. The packaging is so cute and the product is so nice on my lips. It is so great for when I want a more natural lip.






So those are my Top 10 Lip Products. I love love love these lip products and just had to share them.

I know I just did a Top 10 Under $10 Makeup Essentials a few weeks ago but I really wanted to do one for lips. I am a lip product addict and just had to share my favorites with you. Hope you enjoyed this little countdown.  Maybe I’ll do more lip only posts in the future. 

Disclaimer: I AM NOT a professional makeup artist. You could say I am a self taught makeup artist as I have taught myself a lot through trial and error and playing with makeup. I have researched a lot of things on makeup over the past few years. I’m not claiming to know everything but I think I’ve got the basics down and want to make learning them easier for anyone just starting to get into makeup. I am not a newbie anymore but I’m not makeup vet either.


Photo Credit: Taken by me with a Canon Rebel T5 and a 18-55mm lens and edited by me in Photoshop

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the comments! I love reading comments and replying to you all! I love chatting with you all! So please leave me a comment and let’s chat!

Make sure you tick the box to get emails so you know when I reply!

**All comments are now published right away but are still moderated. Spam and rude comments will be deleted right away. Full list of comment rules can be found on the disclaimer page.**

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...