Beauty Basics - Well Known Brands Guide: Drugstore vs High End

June 08, 2015


There are tons of makeup brands out there, and there are lot of names everyone knows no matter where you live. Today I’m going to take the most well known brands and sort them out into Drugstore or High-end.

These are brands that I have seen people from all around the world use. I have found these to be the most well known and most common brands. These are the brands I know most people in beauty have heard of. You would find these brands walking down the asides of Ulta or Sephora, with the exception of a few high-end brands that you only find at a counter at a department store.

This list is a mix of makeup, skin care, hair care, nail polish, and makeup brush brands. It is also a mix of American and UK brands.



High-end

  • MACcosmetics
  • Nars Cosmetics
  • Urban Decay
  • Lorac Cosmetics
  • Smashbox Cosmetics
  • itCosmetics
  • bareMinerals
  • Calvin Klein
  • Estee Lauder
  • Marc Jacobs Beauty
  • Bobbi Brown Cosmetics
  • Benefit Cosmetics
  • Chanel
  • Dior
  • Clinique
  • Anastasia Beverly Hills
  • Bite Beauty
  • Gucci
  • Hourglass Cosmetics
  • Tarte Cosmetics
  • Too Faced Cosmetics
  • Stila Cosmetics
  • Soap & Glory
  • Tom Ford
  • The Body Shop
  • Butter London
  • Tweezerman
  • itBrushes for Ulta
  • Sephora Collection
  • Philosophy
  • Fresh Beauty
       



Drugstore/High Street

  • Maybelline
  • Rimmel London
  • NYX Cosmetics
  • CoverGirl
  • L ‘Oreal
  • Revlon
  • Almay
  • Neutrogena
  • Essie
  • Sally Hansen
  • Eco Tools
  • Real Techniques
  • e.l.f. Cosmetics
  • Sonia Kashuk
  • Physicians Formula
  • Not Your Mothers
  • Tresemme
  • it’s a 10
  • No. 7
  • EOS
  • Hawaiian Tropic
  • Olay
  • Ulta Brand
  • Banana Boat
  • OPI Nails



I think I got all of the really know brands in the beauty world. I think this is a great Beauty Basics post. I told my cousin about this idea and she loved it.

You can save this for reference if you’re new to the beauty world, or let me know if I missed any.

This is the 5th post in my beauty basics series. You can find the last post here. It’s all about applying makeup.





 Disclaimer: I AM NOT a professional makeup artist. You could say I am a self taught makeup artist as I have taught myself a lot though trial and error and playing with makeup. I have researched a lot of things on makeup over the past few years. I’m not claiming to know everything but I think I’ve got the basics down and want to make learning them easier for anyone just starting to get into makeup. I am not a newbie anymore but I’m not makeup vet either.



Photo Credit: Cover Photo - Background from Make it Create and edited by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the comments! I love reading comments and replying to you all! I love chatting with you all! So please leave me a comment and let’s chat!

Make sure you tick the box to get emails so you know when I reply!

**All comments are now published right away but are still moderated. Spam and rude comments will be deleted right away. Full list of comment rules can be found on the disclaimer page.**

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...